Saturday, May 17, 2008

A Night out with My Daddy and John P.


Me, Dad and John....just hanging out ! Dad and I had an unbelievable opportunity last week to meet our lifelong favorite musician/songwriter that ever walked on earth. No exaggeration.

For those of you who've known me forever you know what a die hard John Prine fan Dad and I are. So you know I mean it when I say that we were completely and totally beside ourselves in the picture above.

John Prine held a benefit concert last Tuesday night at The Belcourt Theatre for Gilda's Club of Nashville to raise money for Cancer Awareness/Support. I bought us both a ticket to attend the concert and the Meet and Greet afterwards. The tickets were a little pricey but I tell you what - I would have paid double if they'd asked me to. It was for a great cause and I got to touch, talk to and breath the same air as my musical hero. And please notice above that he is touching me too. =)

The concert was AMAZING. Dad and I were some of the first few people in line so we got to choose our seats. We chose the 4th row back square in the middle...they were honestly the best seats in the house.

I'm well aware that most of you reading this have never heard of John Prine. Well let me tell you that you are missing out big time. There's never been another songwriter in history that can hold a candle to his story telling ability nor match the amount of heart he put's into his music or his concerts. My advice would be to look him up and take a listen. Look up "Hello In There", " Sam Stone " , " Angel from Montgomery", "Picture Show" or "Unwed Fathers".

Listen to the words....really listen. He's trying to tell you something.


No comments: