Saturday, July 7, 2007

Ok the girls and I decided to go shopping today while Daddy was in class. Yes he's taking classes to be a real estate agent so keep us in mind ( and I say us because when we got hitched I got included in on everything - and that means all his income ) if you ever need to buy or sell su casa. So anyway, we went shopping to spend some of Taylor's birthday money and it was quite an interesting script flip because all of a sudden she's super picky about what she wanted to buy and was extremely conscientious about the cost! WHAT?!?!?! You mean you don't want to buy "Twist and Disco Dance Pad" because it costs 27.80 and that's too much money??? That's not what you were saying two weeks ago when you wanted Mommy to buy it for you for your birthday when it wasn't on sale and cost 39.99! So lesson in point : Make your kids money conscious from the get go! I'm preaching the concept of allowance even though I've never done it before in the past! Today was an eye-opener for me and how I might be able to help my child appreciate the value of a dollar - make her spend hers instead of mine. I even made her buy her own Icee as we left Target - after she bought a new gameboy game - the cheaper one for 19.99 instead of one of the better options for 29.99! And then I made her share her Icee with me! She was smart enough not to argue about it. Let's see if she keeps up with this new gameboy game better than she does the one's bought with the 'rents money! Hmmm, we'll see........

No comments: